The Importance of Religious Education
At Crawford Village Primary School, we want our children to embrace religious education. We want them to have no limits to what their ambitions are. We want them to embody our core values of friendship, kindness, respect, integrity, perseverance and happiness. Our RE curriculum has been carefully designed so that our children develop their SMSC capital. We want our children to enjoy their RE lessons in our school, to cherish these memories and embrace the opportunities they are presented with! In Class 2, the children loved learning about Diwali and the preparations that Hindus make at this special time. They created their own Rangoli patterns with chalks and paints and the finished results were very impressive. Bringing RE to life is important at Crawford Village Primary School.
The teaching of RE at Crawford Village Primary School aims to:
• promote curiosity and a love and thirst for learning.
• be ambitious and empower our children to become independent and resilient.
• equip children with not only the minimum requirements of the religious education National Curriculum but to prepare them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life.
• allow our children to learn from other cultures, respect diversity, co-operate with one another and appreciate what they have. We achieve this by providing a strong SMSC curriculum, with British Values and our core values placed at the heart of everything we do. This often feeds into the religious education curriculum.
• to enrich our children’s time in school with memorable, unforgettable experiences and provide opportunities which are normally out of reach – this piques their interests and passions. For example, the whole school enjoyed a Christian wedding celebration to coincide with the marriage of Prince Harry and Meghan. We chose a bride and groom, bridesmaids and page boys. There was music, singers, a bridal car and even a retired vicar to perform the ceremony. The whole community fully embraced the entire event and truly brought the celebration to life.
We firmly believe that it is not just what happens in the classroom, it is about the added value we offer to really inspire our children.