Design and technology helps to prepare children for the developing world. The subject encourages children to become creative problem-solvers, both as individuals and as part of a team. Through the study of design and technology they combine practical skills with an understanding of aesthetic, social and environmental issues. Design and technology helps all children to become discriminating and informed consumers and potential innovators. It should assist children in developing a greater awareness and understanding of how everyday products are designed and made.
The aims of design and technology at Crawford Village are:
• To develop imaginative thinking in children and to enable them to talk about what they like and dislike when designing and making;
• To enable children to talk about how things work, and to draw and model their ideas;
• To encourage children to select appropriate tools and techniques for making a product, whilst following safe procedures;
• To foster enjoyment, satisfaction and purpose in designing and making;
• To use ICT software to assist our designing and learning.