PE & Sports Premium
PE and Sports Premium Grant
At Crawford Village, we value the role of physical activity on the health and well being of our pupils. We actively encourage all children to engage in a variety of sports and have strong links with West Lancs Sports Partnership and local clubs to be able to continue the offer we provide outside of school. Our aim is develop our children as active healthy individuals who make active choices for life.
Our Primary School Sport’s Funding enables us to continue and extend our provision through increased resources, employing sports professionals to work with the classes and training our staff to deliver in-house quality PE sessions.
What is the PE and Sports Premium?
The government is providing funding to provide new and substantial primary school sport funding. The funding is being jointly provided by the Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. Each school will receive £16,000 plus an extra £10 per pupil each year for the next two years - here at Crawford Village Primary School that will mean around £16,510 a year. The money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
The government have committed to funding the primary school Sports Premium for academic year: 2022-2023 PE and sport premium for primary schools - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Click here for the Department of Education link to the Primary School’s Sports Funding page.
Purpose of the funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses of the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional sport clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or material for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and residential visits
Please see the 'Sports Premium Strategy Document' below, which gives more information on the spending allocation and the impact of the Sports Premium.